Bus Rapid Transit Service (BRTS) in JAIPUR
- 'In-principle Approval' of Rs469 crore was given by Government of India (GoI) in August 2006 for implementation of 42 km of BRTS Phase-I Corridor in Jaipur city
- Sanctioned cost of BRTS Phase-1 is Rs479 crore (till date)
- JDA has been assigned the responsibility for BRTS infrastructure creation and Jaipur City Transport Services Limited (JCTSL) (a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), joint venture of JDA & JNN) has been entrusted with the Bus Operations
Public Transport System for Jaipur
- Considering the rise in traffic, bus based city transport system is most appropriate
- BRTS based system can cater to the demand of the city for next 15-20 years
- Sikar Road to Tonk Road - North-South Corridor
- Ajmer Road to Delhi Road - East-West Corridor
BRT Corridor under Implementation
- North-South Corridor: 26 km
- Package IB: ( C-Zone Bypass near Harmada to Pani Pech)Corridor developed inaugurated by Hon’ble Union Minister & Hon’ble C.M GoR on 31.07.10.
- Package II: ( Pani Pech to Laxmi Mandir, & Sahkar Bhawan to Sanganer , via Ram Bagh Circle & Tonk Road) - The project was reviewed in larger public interest & Routes of proposed Metro.An Elevated BRT has been proposed between Panipetch & khasa-kothi so as to facilitate connectivity to Sindhi Camp Bus Stand (which is the central bus stand for Jaipur city) and Railway Station i.e upto two major destinations. Elevated road at Durga-pura is in progress with provision of future Metro on Tonk Road
- East-West Corridor
Package III: (Amrut Nagar to Govt.Hostel via:c-zone Byepass,Queen’s Road Jn. & Sodala)
Work Of at grade BRT from Mansrovar to Queen’s Road commenced & Elevated Road on Ajmer road including Metro on Tier IInd is being taken up through DMRC.
The termini stations of Package III are: Govt. Hostel junction (in the heart of the city) and Iskon Temple Road-New sanganer road junction in Mansarovar which now proposed to extend in a length of 2.7 km extension along the sanctioned corridor towards Sanganer town. Extension of the corridor in south-east direction to connect the sanctioned corridor under Package II at EP junction on Tonk road which is about 1 km from the airport. The length of this stretch of extended corridor shall be 2.7 kms out of which 1.1 km will be elevated road. The elevated road is necessitated on account of the stretch passing through the densely populated area. By stretching be sanctioned corridor under Package III in two important destinations shall be accessed viz., Sanganer town and the Airport. The Modification also under consideration of GoI for approval.